[ RadSafe ] Air pollution in Paris gets so bad car driving is BANNED on alternate days

Dan McCarn hotgreenchile at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 23:52:22 CDT 2014

Dear Roy:

As far as being a pedestrian in Paris, I could think of quite a few
European capitals that I favor far more. I lived 1 year near Paris
(Saint-Nom-la-Bretèche) but also spent 12 years in Austria, 8 of those
years in or near Vienna working at the IAEA. Vienna is a much more
pedestrian-friendly place! Of course, I had my bike stolen at the train
station in Korneuburg (along with quite a few other people) thus ending my
commute via bicycle. But then, I'd commute to work on my horse at the
Leoben Mining University... Another story!  But Minsk on Saturday Nights
was the limit. So many very drunk Belorussians inside a tram - as we know
from Henry's Law, based on the temperature, kinetics, and equilibrium
conditions this could allow for the exceedence of the Lower Explosive Limit
of alcohol... perhaps...

Dan ii

Dan W McCarn, Geologist
108 Sherwood Blvd