[ RadSafe ] Backwards compatability for radiological software run on newer Windows

Ed Waller ed.waller at xplornet.com
Mon Oct 6 18:06:14 CDT 2014

Scott,

I can't say about Windows 8.1, but most of my older codes run under Windows
7, although sometimes you need to run compatibility mode or perform a few
config tweaks or run from a DOS prompt.  Sometimes there are issues between
32 and 64 bit OS. 32 is safer.

Microshield and RESRAD run for sure...and I am pretty sure CAPP-88 should be
OK.  It is hit and miss....sometimes I have had very old codes still run
(except for print functions), and slightly newer (yet still old) codes fail.
I swear some of them had "best before dates" built in.

Best of luck!
Ed