[ RadSafe ] Backwards compatability for radiological software run on newer Windows

CFRBUG cfrbug at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 10:47:51 CDT 2014

For old DOS programs, you can also get DOS bootdisk images from bootdisk.com,
and then boot your machine straight into DOS (harder to do now that floppy
drives are rare). I used this technique to run some old DOS-based radio
programming software at my previous job (Motorola and Kenwood). I kept an
older laptop with a 3.5 floppy for just this purpose. Haven't had to do it
in many years though. I got out of the radio programming tasks in 2005.

On a newer laptop I guess could set up a multi-boot menu and have the DOS
image as one choice.

Bruce Bugg
cfrbug at gmail.com
(404)507-2237 [(404)507-2CFR]