[ RadSafe ] Books between CHP Part 1 and Part 2

Rees, Brian G brees at lanl.gov
Sat Apr 11 08:34:54 CDT 2015

I was brainstorming with a colleague that's assisting a University HP program, and one thing that came up is what someone should  be doing after passing part one and being eligible for the CHP Part 2 exam.  I was thinking about what books to recommend that they read to further deepen their knowledge during that time.  People may have books that they used during school, but have not fully read, and should, or books that may not have been part of their program.   I was thinking of a relatively short list - something like 6-10 books that would be useful to round out a person's knowledge of Health Physics and also help prepare them for part 2.

The first book I thought of is Knoll's 'Radiation Detection and Measurement', and then Stannard's 'Radiation and Health'.

What other books would you recommend?

Thanks in advance,
Brian Rees, RRPT, CHP