[ RadSafe ] Books between CHP Part 1 and Part 2

JOHN.RICH at sargentlundy.com JOHN.RICH at sargentlundy.com
Sat Apr 11 08:40:34 CDT 2015

For whatever its worth, we still use Cember on  a regular basis at work.
 - -jmr
John Rich
312-269-3768

From:   "Rees, Brian G" <brees at lanl.gov>
To:     "radsafe at health.phys.iit.edu" <radsafe at health.phys.iit.edu>
Date:   04/11/2015 08:35 AM
Subject:        [ RadSafe ] Books between CHP Part 1 and Part 2
Sent by:        radsafe-bounces at health.phys.iit.edu

I was brainstorming with a colleague that's assisting a University HP
program, and one thing that came up is what someone should  be doing after
passing part one and being eligible for the CHP Part 2 exam.  I was
thinking about what books to recommend that they read to further deepen
their knowledge during that time.  People may have books that they used
during school, but have not fully read, and should, or books that may not
have been part of their program.   I was thinking of a relatively short
list - something like 6-10 books that would be useful to round out a
person's knowledge of Health Physics and also help prepare them for part
2.

The first book I thought of is Knoll's 'Radiation Detection and
Measurement', and then Stannard's 'Radiation and Health'.

What other books would you recommend?

Thanks in advance,
Brian Rees, RRPT, CHP