[ RadSafe ] For the Sake of SCIENCE!

Thu Apr 23 11:41:42 CDT 2015

I can still touch my disbelief and anger when I was introduced to the metric system in grade school, and told the rest of the world used it, but we were stuck with our system because of the whining of the spiritual ancestors of the anti-vaccers.  "It will cost too much".  I can't imagine the cost of decades of every US manufacture who wants to sell outside the borders having to have two sets of tools and parts.  The most amazing argument was that God Himself ordained the system we have, and the proof could be found in the ratios of the dimensions of the Pyramids in Egypt.

-----Original Message-----
From: radsafe-bounces at health.phys.iit.edu [mailto:radsafe-bounces at health.phys.iit.edu] On Behalf Of KARAM, PHILIP
Sent: Thursday, April 23, 2015 9:23 AM
To: The International Radiation Protection (Health Physics) Mailing List
Subject: Re: [ RadSafe ] For the Sake of SCIENCE!

Considering that the first recommendation to move the US from our current system of units to something more rational was introduced by Thomas Jefferson, I'm not expecting to see much progress in my lifetime.

https://www.unc.edu/~rowlett/units/usmetric.html

http://metricationmatters.com/docs/USAMetricSystemHistory.pdf

But can't hurt to try!