[ RadSafe ] Fukushima released 13, 000, 000, 000 times more neutrons than initially estimated -- "Obvious implication for human health"

Mattias Lantz Mattias.Lantz at physics.uu.se
Wed Jan 14 19:06:41 CST 2015

5.2*10^21 slow neutrons per square metre and second is the same as
5.2*10^17 slow neutrons per square centimetre.
A light water reactor running at full power has a maximum neutron flux
up to 10^13 slow neutrons per square centimetre, maybe up to 10^ 14.
Quite fascinating to have a reactor where the neutron flux increases by
a factor 5000-50 000 when being shut down. To postulate that there may
be a critical configuration in the molted core is ok, but it would not
lead to a neutron flux even near the flux at full power, and certainly
not anything above it.

I wonder what they were smoking when they did the calculations, it'd
better be good.
Here is their article, by the way, enjoy!
http://www.terrapub.co.jp/journals/GJ/pdf/4604/46040335.pdf

Best wishes,
Mattias Lantz

--