[ RadSafe ] Help needed in VA benefits case (Reply to Otto ythgbvctRRaabe)

Wald-Hopkins, Mark David mwaldhop at lanl.gov
Tue Nov 17 12:23:26 CST 2015

----- Original Message -----
From: Peter Crane [mailto:kinderhook46 at yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2015 11:15 AM
To: RADSAFE <radsafe at health.phys.iit.edu>
Subject: Re: [ RadSafe ] Help needed in VA benefits case (Reply to Otto	Raabe)

Otto, we don't know what kind of cancer it was, nor when he developed it. Thyroid and parathyroid tumors have been known to show up even decades after exposure to radiation.

November 16, 2015

I also worked at the Nevada Test Site in the 50's while outdoor nuclear
tests
were being conducted during Operation Hardtack Phase 2. Even then
radiation safety
included monitoring, film badges, and urinalysis, and doses were
somewhat limited.
Cancer induction over 50 years later seems unlikely..

Otto G, Raabe, Ph. D., CHP
Center for Health and the Environment
University of California, Davis
Davis, California 95616