[ RadSafe ] Po-210 particle mobility

Don Jordan dkjordan2001 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 15 16:20:03 CDT 2016

Since the average thermal energy @ 300 K is about 0.04 eV, it's not hard to
see why it crawls around on its own.

-----Original Message-----
From: radsafe-bounces at health.phys.iit.edu
[mailto:radsafe-bounces at health.phys.iit.edu] On Behalf Of Otto Raabe
Sent: Friday, April 15, 2016 3:07 PM
To: The International Radiation Protection (Health Physics) Mailing List
Subject: Re: [ RadSafe ] Po-210 particle mobility

Po-210 (138 days half life) 5.3  Mev  alphas and 0.1 MeV recoils
  will spread rapidly if not well contained.

Otto Raabe

*****************************
On 4/14/2016 10:47 AM, Rees, Brian G wrote:
> Does anyone have any references for the mobility of Po-210 particles?
>
> I've read Otto Raabe's excellent work on Pu-238 mobility, and when I was
looking into Pu-238 mobility many experienced "old guys" (who now might not
seem so old...) told me that Po-201 was even more mobile, but I never saw
anything in literature.

visit: http://health.phys.iit.edu

--
Prof. Otto G. Raabe, Ph.D.