[ RadSafe ] Collective Dose from Hiroshima and Nagasaki

jjshonka at shonka.com jjshonka at shonka.com
Sat Apr 16 13:39:09 CDT 2016

Does anyone know the collective dose from Hiroshima and Nagasaki?  I understand that there were 250,000 survivors (of the 500,000 inhabitants in both cities) who received from about 100 mSv to 1,000 mSv.  I believe that beyond that range, death from blast, fires, and other injuries along with radiation sickness resulted in few survivors.  If I take 300 mSv X 250,000 I get a collective dose of only 75,000 person-Sv, maybe twice Chernobyl.  That seems low to me.

Joe Shonka