[ RadSafe ] Collective Dose from Hiroshima and Nagasaki

Sander Perle sandyfl at cox.net
Sat Apr 16 18:20:43 CDT 2016

>From online summary of UNSWEAR:

I don¹t have a copy of the Report to assess myself:
On April 2, UNSCEAR published its long-awaited Report
<http://www.unscear.org/docs/reports/2013/13-85418_Report_2013_Annex_A.pdf>
on Fukushima. Of prime importance are its estimates  of collective doses to
the Japanese population.

Page 60 of Annex A of the UNSCEAR report contains the following table 8 on
estimated collective effective doses and collective absorbed doses to the
thyroid for the population of Japan (approximately 128 million in 2010).

Exposure duration Over first year Over ten years Up to age 80 years
Collective effective dose 18,000 man-Sv 36,000 man-Sv 48,000 man-Sv
Collective absorbed dose to thyroid 82,000 man-Gy 100,000 man-Gy 112,000
man-Gy

Regards,

Sandy
Retired, Consultant