[ RadSafe ] Surveilance Frequency

henric.bolander at vattenfall.com henric.bolander at vattenfall.com
Wed Aug 10 08:51:59 CDT 2016

Hi John!

I am curious about why somebody want to do a survey inside the vault if there is no work/inspection planned there. It is not in line with ALARA philosophy. It would be sufficient to do the dose rate surveys outside for that kind of area. Perhaps it is of interest to take dose rate measurements to keep track of the decay? In that case one can use telescopic poles at a safe distance.

To answer your questions:
1. We have a fixed schedule for surveys and in this case it is performed twice a year. (For that kind of equipment it is stored in a locked building with controlled entrance).
2. No, dose rates are taken outside the fence or "building"

Best regards
Henric