[ RadSafe ] New Meltdown Byproduct Found Far From Fukushima Daiichi

Peter Bossew peter.bossew at reflex.at
Sat Feb 6 11:14:43 CST 2016

Both is correct.

How the radio-caesium containg spheres were generated has not yet been
clarified to my knowledge.

Black dust: typical results of radioecol. concentration processes, quite
common. Large amounts of similar blackish matter can be found on Alpine
glaciers (in that context called cryoconite), with partly very high
concentrations of Chernobyl and even global fallout.

In Japan, I used such samples to identify Pu from Fukushima quite far away
from the NPP. If I remember well, the fathest distance from the NPP where
such matter has been found, is the Yokohama area S of Tokyo.

Peter Bossew

"The International Radiation Protection \(Health Physics\) Mailing List"
<radsafe at health.phys.iit.edu> schreibt: