[ RadSafe ] status of nuclear power world wide

Joseph Preisig jrpnj01 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 12:52:42 CST 2016

Radsafe/Franz,
     I see lately that India has ordered 6 more nuclear plants, and the
number of nuclear engineering want ads on the
internet is quite high (2600 on one site)....google nuclear engineer and
jobs     (see the indeed listings)....
     On the USGS website a while back, they spoke of significant deposits
of Uranium in South Texas (USA)....Get out your rad detector,
those of you in south Texas???  Electric cars are nice, and fairly
expensive.  Are there electric car charging-stations along the typical
highway???
     The price of solar energy per unit of energy continues to go downward,
fairly rapidly.  Solar researchers are still making discoveries in making
solar cells cheaper.  But can the average homeowner afford to go solar,
even with the various rebate programs.???  There are now battery storage
systems which can be bought with solar panels, to help you get through a
Sun-free day, or possibly through the Winter months.   In 40 years, can one
recycle their solar panels and/or solar battery systems???  What will be
the effects on the environment???
     I see claims by homeowners with solar energy systems, that they
actually sell energy back to the Power Grid.  If true, this is pretty
cool.  Have a good week.
     Joe Preisig