[ RadSafe ] Update 2 on Porter Ranch methane leak

Brad Keck bradkeck at mac.com
Mon Jan 25 11:20:30 CST 2016

Joe,

Interestingly, SoCal needs to repair this storage facility in order to continue reliable supplying power to the LA power grid.

Much of their electrical generation comes from methane based power plants and this in turn requires substantial storage of natural gas.  According to SoCal, the storage facility in question is central to their overall operation.

If only there were some other way to reliably produce electricity that did not generate greenhouse gases……  ;}

Brad