[ RadSafe ] opg - Nuclear Power in Ontario

Joseph Preisig jrpnj01 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 13:03:27 CST 2016

Radsafe/Leo,

     Some home solar power systems these days can come with battery storage
systems that allow one to
make it through the night.

     As for having solar work 85% of the time, I expect it could be done
with some nuclear power assistance.
(Radsafers, see your SPAM box that includes an email about how much energy
in that part of Canada comes from
Nuclear Power and how much comes from Hydroelectric).  One could build a
kind of backyard hothouse (a sort of
plant-growing greenhouse) which has a structure around a backyard solar
array, possibly with a plastic/plexiglass top sheet
above the solar array.  Such a hothouse could be heated via the solar power
coming from the solar cells.  It is quite do-able.
The heat could melt snow falling on the hothouse, maybe resulting in close
to 100% uptime.  Of course, some days will always
be cloudier than others.  (PS Tony Greenhouse was a Health Physicist from
BNL, FYI)....

     Joe Preisig