[ RadSafe ] six months of winter

Tianna Gross Tianna.Gross at uregina.ca
Tue Jan 26 13:57:56 CST 2016

I second that. Here in Regina, Saskatchewan (2 hours from the American border) we definitely have 6 months+ of winter.  Although, two weeks ago we reached temperatures of -40 F, El Nino has been very good to us this winter.

Tianna

-----------------------------------
Tianna Young, M.Sc., M.Admin (Leadership)
Radiation & Biological Safety Advisor
Health, Safety & Wellness
University of Regina
3737 Wascana Parkway
Regina SK S4S 0A2
Office: (306) 585.5198/ Cell: (306) 527.4320

http://www.uregina.ca/hr/hse/

This email and any attachments may contain information that is confidential, legally privileged, or exempt from disclosure under applicable law and is intended only for the user of the addressee(s). Any use, disclosure or copying of this email by anyone other than an addressee(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please delete or destroy it immediately without making a copy and notify the sender by telephone or return email.

Having spent 31/2 years in Plattsburgh, NY,  I beg to differ.  Winter there lasted from November through April - six months. Now, there may be some regions of maritime Canada that have a slightly milder climate, but most of that country lies inland and to the North of Plattsburgh so I have a hard time believing winters are any shorter up there.

L. Lowe wrote:

I was not sure if you were just  kidding us Canucks about 6 months of winter in Canada.  Northern Canada does have long winters  and of  course snowfall dose impact the availability of solar power.   But for the record, where most of the population in Canada lives, the winter is considerably shorter than 6 months.  ...