[ RadSafe ] six months of winter and solar power

Conway Lowe Family conlowe at bell.net
Tue Jan 26 15:12:20 CST 2016

Hi,

I guess it depends on how one defines winter.   My comment related largely
to snow fall  and its impact on solar cells, the gist of  the message to
which I was responding.   As previously indicated, Toronto has about 40
snow days/year, considerably less than six months.  Even considering snow
accumulation, our Christmas was  "green" this winter, a not uncommon
occurrence in Toronto.   Even now, I can see our lawn.  I admit the latter
is a bit unusual for late January, but this will be more frequent with
global warming.

I however cannot argue about Regina - it certainly has six months of winter
each year.

Fortunately, wherever you live, snow fall has essentially no impact on
nuclear power generation.

L. Lowe