[ RadSafe ] More Physics

Mon Mar 21 12:51:05 CDT 2016

I would have to say that discussions on Radsafe, including some that seemed pretty far "out there", have stood me in good stead.  I can't count the number of times that something I've read about here popped up in my office days or weeks later, and I was, if not completely familiar with the topic, at least as familiar as anyone else.

It enhances my street cred to be able to say, "Yes, I was reading about that just the other day..."

-----Original Message-----
From: radsafe-bounces at health.phys.iit.edu [mailto:radsafe-bounces at health.phys.iit.edu] On Behalf Of Ted de Castro
Sent: Saturday, March 19, 2016 9:23 PM
To: The International Radiation Protection (Health Physics) Mailing List <radsafe at health.phys.iit.edu>
Subject: Re: [ RadSafe ] More Physics

On 3/19/2016 6:03 PM, Franz Schönhofer wrote:
>  Is there really anybody really interested in what clearly mentally
> sick, paranoid pseudoscientists write in their "Journals of paranoid
> antinuclear pseudoscientists"?

Yes - it helps to see the garbage that's being spewed out to the general public and to see the correct information being put forth here.

We are all around the general public everyday and those who know our profession look to us for clarification or confirmation/refutation of the stuff that they get besieged with in the general press.

"To be forewarned is to be forearmed" Therefore if I see it here first I know its out there and since Health Physics is a very broad field and since not all controversy is necessarily in my field of expertise - if its bounced around here I can see comments from those far more expert than I in their field THUS - when queried by the the people I meet "out there" - I will have the best and most accurate response I can.