[ RadSafe ] Fwd: [New post] The spread of particles with plutonium and cesium, from Fukushima nuclear fuel

Franz Schönhofer franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Sat May 21 11:49:15 CDT 2016

Sorry Mattias and Roger,
Sorry, you are completely wrong. Those were beyond doubt hot particles. We
saw on radioautographs of our routine airfilters only a few days after the
Chernobyl accident very prominent black spots, some very "large", most tiny.
We were not the first to find them and not the only ones. We didn't have the
equipment and not any seconds of time during that superhectic situation to
analyse them for the radionuclides causing them, but some others did, for
instance Rolf Falk at the Swedish Radiation Protection Institut (SSI) who
showed them to me when I was on a personal visit in Stockholm. Those hot
particles were of different composition, including fuel particles but not
exclusively plutonium, depending on the phase of release, and obviously on
the temperature. Since both Sweden and Austria are quite far away from
Chernobyl (Tjernobyl) I would not be surprised to find hot particles shortly
after the accident somewhere far away from Fukushima. There is a difference
to Chernobyl: The latter was burning thanks to the graphit for about two
weeks, resulting in much higher emissions. BTW there was some time a hype
about hot particles but it decayed rather soon. I suppose that Rolf might be
retired , but if you have contact give him "mina vänliga hälsningar"!

Regarding the Wikipedia paper: I would not sign all of it, but compared to
what is written in Austrian papers it is an "excellent scientific paper".
Not to talk about the propaganda spread by various groups like "mothers
against nuclear power" or disgusting most of all a highly commercial and
criminal group who thinks it is their right to break any national or
international law, to commit crimes by putting people at deadly risks, to
attempts causing heavily damage to other persons equipment distributing
paranoia - all under the banner of "environmental protection". They urge you
by stopping you almost brutally on the street to donate money to subscribe
to dubious journals.

Sorry I got carried away - I do not like to be called a massmurderer who is
bribed by the nuclear industry......

Best regards from a now sunny and warm Vienna!

Franz