[ RadSafe ] Radiation dose rate control levels internationally

BRISSON Nicolas nicolas.brisson at irsn.fr
Tue Feb 12 09:46:47 CST 2019

Hi all,

If you mean dose rate limits in facilities, we don't have any.
Our limits are integrated dose for a month or an hour.
	- Public aera < 1,25 mSv for a month
	- Controlled area 1  < 4 mSv for a month
	- Controlled area 2 < 2 mSv for an hour
	- Controlled area 3 < 100 mSv for an hour and always < 100 mSv averaged for 1 second (needs some explanation here- It's for X-rays device)
	- Controlled area 4 (forbidden area) > 100 mSv for an hour or > 100 mSv averaged for 1 second

French legislitation is in the course of being modified following changes in european legislation in 2013. We are still waiting for a ministerial order with something a bit more operational :)

Regards,

Nicolas BRISSON