[ RadSafe ] Radiation dose rate control levels internationally

Dean Crouch d.crouch at resourcessafety.com.au
Wed Feb 13 19:56:38 CST 2019

Hi Nick
Don't forget about the pro-rata limits in WA.
http://www.radiologicalcouncil.wa.gov.au/pdf/DoseLimits.pdf

*Ionising Radiation limits for a radiation worker*
The dose limits for radiation workers are –
• in any period of 5 years, an average effective dose of 20 millisieverts
per year;
• in a period of 12 months, an effective dose of 50 millisieverts;
• in any period of less than 12 months but not less than 1 month, an
effective dose of the amount which is the product of 50 millisieverts and
the ratio of that period in weeks to 52 weeks;
• in any period of less than 1 month, an effective dose of 1/12 of 50
millisieverts.

 The dose limits for persons other than radiation workers are –
• in any period of 5 years, an average effective dose of 1 millisievert per
year;
• in any period of 12 months, an effective dose of 5 millisieverts; and
• in respect of an area which such persons might continuously occupy –
− an effective dose of 20 microsieverts in any 1 hour; and
− an effective dose of 250 microsieverts in any period of 7 days.

Dean Crouch
Resources Health & Safety Services
Mob: 0410 637 994
Email: d.crouch at resourcessafety.com.au