Re: Suggestions? Reuters AND responses

Dear Bernie,

"Bernard L. Cohen" wrote:

> Zack Clayton wrote:
> >
> > I'm not sure that we want to squawk about this.
>
>         I want to squawk about the fact that all other items on the list
> involved many dozens or more deaths, whereas the Tokaimura accident
> involved only one death. If they wanted to list accidents that caused
> even one death, there would be hundreds of thousands on the list.
>         I also want to squawk about the idea that being exposed to about 1 rem
> of radiation is something terrible, presumably somewhat comparable to
> being killed.
>         I was asking for suggestions on how to respond to a Reuters dispatch.

You received a great many words in response to your request!
Summarized as:

"No. We don't know how to respond to a Reuter's dispatch!" :-)

Sorry. I don't either. Did you check the Reuters site, or perhaps a
discussion group on the media rather than rad safety :-)

Group:
It's interesting how there are so many extensive answers to questions
not asked, and none to the question or point being made. Sometimes it
seems reading has become a lost art. :-)

Recommendation: By responding paragraph-by-paragraph to a message it
is easier to engage the point of the question/issue, and show your
intent to expand, add to, ignore, and/or change, the topic. :-)

Regards, Jim - muckerheide@mediaone.net