Re: Airport X-ray Security Scanner

This is a good starting place for the next discussion.  Sarah, if "about 50 mrem is
not 'negligible' in your book," please describe for me the data you have that
demonstrates why you believe 50 mrem is not negligible.  I assume you mean not
negligible from a health and safety standpoint.  So, what data do you have that
demonstrates 50 mrem will, in fact, harm a person?  If harm is not your criterion,
what is (are) your criterion (a) that makes 50 mrem not negligible?  Thanks.  Al
Tschaeche antatnsu@pacbell.net

Sarah Hayes wrote:

> I would have to disagree with you.  Medical procedures contribute significantly
> to an individual's annual dose.  No matter what type of procedure, you're
> looking at a dose of  about 50 mrem.  That's not "negligible" in my book.
begin:vcard
n:Tschaeche;Al
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Nuclear Standards Unlimited