Re: Handling DU

It may be of interest with regard to the body absorbing
insoluble metals that there is normally little concern of
lead poisoning from bullets left in the tissue of gunshot
victims. In fact, most times the bullet will be left in
place rather than risk further tissue damage attempting
to extract it. (Unless it's life threatening where it is.)

However, I did read of one occasion where lead poisoning
did occur from a bullet lodged adjacent to the knee joint.
Apparently, the lubricating fluids there at the joint were
capable of dissolving the lead to where it was released into
the body and thus caused classic lead poisoning.

I don't know if the above would apply to DU or not, but it
might be prudent not to rule out that the rate of breakdown
into a form which is solubilized might depend largely
on where the DU finally came to rest in the body.