Re: Suggestions...MSC story...[correction]

[My previous posting can be read to attribute my statements to Jaro
(frantaj@aecl.ca).  I offer the following correction with my apologies to
Jaro.  GAC]

 Driving automobiles, use of natural gas, and climbing on roofs have a much
 higher level of voluntary assumption of risk and individual control of risk
 than nuclear technology.

 To steal Mr. Lipton's line, the public is more willing to accept these risks
 over the risks from nuclear technology, in part, because they trust the
 judgment of nuclear proponents less than their own.  Which probably says
more
 about the reputation of nuclear proponents than the judgment of the public.

 Glenn A. Carlson, P.E.
 St. Peters, MO
 GlennACarlson@aol.com

  In a message dated 1/17/2000 10:53:47 AM Central Standard Time,