RE: Russia: Iran May Seek More Reactors

The RBMK is designed to be refueled at power.  Since the production of
Pu-239 is dependent on the time spent in the core (or total fluence) a
reactor that does not have to be shut down to remove the Pu bearing spent
fuel has its advantages in a nuclear weapons program.

If you leave the fuel in longer than optimum you begin to produce Pu-240 and
241.

Bob Boston