Re: Advertisement received

"Weiner, Ruth" wrote:

> And then there was the man who stood in his front yard waving a
> handkerchief.  When his neighbor asked "Why are you waving that
> handkerchief?" he replied "It's to keep the elephants away."

OR:

Neighbor: "But there aren't any elephants here!"

Man: "Works doesn't it!"

OR:

There was a DOE who spent $10s billions moving dirt. When his radiation
experts asked "Why are you moving that dirt?" he replied "It's to reduce the
risks."

Rad Experts: "But there aren't any risks here!"

DOE:  "Here's a $billion to 'research risks' and to measure radioactivity in
dirt."

"(And while you're at it, can you find thyroid cancers in Hanford
downwinders?)"

As Ralph Lapp stated in the beginning: the Hanford I-131 effects RFP was in
the form: "We have $10M for scientists who tell us that it is possible to find
effects in the Hanford downwinders; we have $ 0 for scientists that say any
such effect is impossible to find."

Regards, Jim
muckerheide@mediaone.net