Why all those COUNTRIES Seek More Reactors.

It is political and everybody of course will have very different views on the
same problem.
Here is mine.

In a message dated 1/19/00 6:06:46 Pacific Standard Time, SDeore@aol.com
writes:

<< Just as why Pakistan wanted nuclear reactors? Ofcourse to make nulclear
 weapons with  the help of North Korea and China. Now Iran,yet another
 terrorist COUNTRY  will have nuclear weapons. Hope world realises the
 potential threat to neighboring democracies these terrorist  countries pose.
 ****************************************************** >>
Really?
I thought they want it just to feel important.
If to be serious. All those countries, which you have listed, includes India,
have low economical development for one or another reason. It is easier to
get respect in the neighborhood with a gun - "A-bomb" than to build true
democracy with a decent economy.
I remember that it was India the one who always out laud was saying that its
nuclear program is peaceful. India had A-bomb for a long time and did not
test it. It was smart then it was India who the first tested A bomb for......
I do not see any other reason than to humiliate neighboring Pakistan, China
already far advanced in that area. For the same reason North Korea wants it,
to humiliate and more scary SK and Japan. Iran once or more was humiliated by
the US and its Shah before the Islamic revolution. I could listed a few other
residents in those tough neighborhoods who has built but not telling yet.
It seems, much easier to build A-bomb than to build a decent economy. The
former SU example has not taught anything???? People need a decent economy,
they will stop believing in the fair tail stories and they will ask "where is
the beef?"
I think, it is also one of the main reasons why Russia recently has moved to
a New Nuclear Defense doctrine and in some areas it even expended usage of
the nuclear weapons, compare to the FSU i.e. cold war time doctrine!!!
Ten years of step by step continues humiliation.
It was very pleasant for some but realistically, it was unfair and stupid.
Who won now??? Everybody is loosing.
It was a given and it was a really good chance during those ten years. Now a
new king and new nobles the same old story. Does anybody remember what
happened after the WW-I and humiliation of Germany?  I beat, out there were
some people who really also enjoyed it. Nobody can humiliate a neighbor for a
long time and expecting that neighbor has bottomless patience. Try it in your
own neighborhood and see what will happen.

Emil.
kerembaev@cs.com