Re: Uranyl Nitrate Disposal

Cannon, Curt wrote:

> If it meets Norm then Mix it with concrete in a pail and have a broker help
> you get it into the US Ecology Richland Site. There are some permit fees but
> a Broker which deals with them routinely can help you out with it.

US Ecology's Richland site/The State of Washington does not consider U
nitrate in concrete to be NORM. They will only accept waste in this form
from the Rocky Mountain and Northwest compacts. If the generator does
not belong to one of those compacts their choice (after treatment) would
be Envirocare or Barnwell.
Rich Gallego
Thomas Gray and Associates, Inc.