RE: Russia: Iran May Seek More Reactors

Just a general comment - not intended to pick on any particular nation: The
countries down in the _area_ of Iran, Iraq etc all have oil and lots of sun
and also some (potential?) hydropower so why nuclear power? I mean - is it
necessary from a strict point of electricity demand? (air conditioners
summer time?) Does anyone have data for annual TWh from various sources,
uses etc for any of these countries? I have a friend in Rhode Island who
provides much of the heat for his house from some sun/heat exchanger. The
countries of the Middle East are much further south.
This is my personal reflection.

Bjorn Cedervall  bcradsafers@hotmail.com