RADSAFE/RADWASTE need new host

Well, I've exhausted my personal resources in this regard, so I am now
broadcasting my request to the list.

I have taken a new job outside of the field of health physics,
therefore I feel it is no longer appropriate for me to moderate the
RADSAFE Internet Mailing List.  A new moderator has been chosen, but
there is currently no place to host both mailing lists currently being
hosted on this server (the RADSAFE and RADWASTE mailing lists).  I
cannot assume that the UIUC Division of Environmental Health and
Safety (DEHS) will allow me to continue to host the lists from their site,
nor do I particularly care to continue doing so.

Therefore, I need help locating a site which is willing and most
importantly, CAPABLE, of hosting the two mailing lists.  Note that
anyone who immediately responds in the affirmative has no idea of what
is involved. :-)

As an example, I entered the specifications of the RADSAFE list into
the online calculator at lyris.net, a commercial listhosting service.
The cost to host RADSAFE alone at lyris.net would be approximately $15,000...
per *month*.

RADWASTE is significantly smaller and has less traffic, so it should
be able to "piggyback" on any listserver that can handle RADSAFE.  The
current specifications for RADSAFE include: 40-50 messages/day to 3000
subscribers; current archive size approximately 105 mb; full text
search and retrieval engine linked to Web; gateway to Web-based,
threaded message browser.  Note that the # of subscribers will
continue to increase, and the size of the archives grows in more than
a linear fashion.

Suggestions at this point are welcome.  However, I would strongly
suggest that anyone thinking of volunteering their site speak to their
IT people first. :-)  This is a non-trivial commitment.  As a now
contract-yet-salaried unix system administrator, I know how much *I'd*
charge to host the lists. :)

I can be contacted by e-mail at m-woo@uiuc.edu.  My new office phone #
is 217-244-9860 (however, I'm not at the office today [21 Jan 2000]).

Thanks for listening!

Melissa Woo
RADSAFE List-owner/manager

--