Re: RADSAFE/RADWASTE need new host

melissa@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu wrote:

> Well, I've exhausted my personal resources in this regard, so I am now
> broadcasting my request to the list.
>
> I have taken a new job outside of the field of health physics,
> therefore I feel it is no longer appropriate for me to moderate the
> RADSAFE Internet Mailing List.  A new moderator has been chosen, but
> there is currently no place to host both mailing lists currently being
> hosted on this server (the RADSAFE and RADWASTE mailing lists).  I
> cannot assume that the UIUC Division of Environmental Health and
> Safety (DEHS) will allow me to continue to host the lists from their site,
> nor do I particularly care to continue doing so.
>
> Therefore, I need help locating a site which is willing and most
> importantly, CAPABLE, of hosting the two mailing lists.  Note that
> anyone who immediately responds in the affirmative has no idea of what
> is involved. :-)
>
> As an example, I entered the specifications of the RADSAFE list into
> the online calculator at lyris.net, a commercial listhosting service.
> The cost to host RADSAFE alone at lyris.net would be approximately $15,000...
> per *month*.

Melissa,

I'm sending this to the list so that anyone potentially interested
in hosting this list can read it.

hosting site.  I have hosted a list there and I'm on a couple of
lists.  It is an excellent site.  They like large lists; indeed
they'll pay you to move a list this large over there.  The only cost
is a couple line text ad tagged onto the end of each message.
Innocuous and easily ignored.

John
--
John De Armond