Re: Why are some dentures radioactive?

>unknown reason (probably my fault) it must have failed:
>I do not understand the purpose of your message. You simply forward >a
>fact, which is well known.

I am sure that most Radsafers know this stuff. What I am interested in is to
what extent true or false messages about nuclear & radiation reach _outside_
the health physics/radiation biology community. I bet that at least about
99.95% of the group that gets the "cool facts" are not working with
radiation. It is a positive thing whenever _information_ relating to natural
radiation leaks out.

Some of my work context is about the perceived risks people have. Take this
differently: I now have under my eyes a suggested revision (Radiation
Protection regulations, deadline this upcoming week) which includes ideas
about "zero Bq releases from Swedish NPPs" in the year 2020. Such ideas
probably come from people who have no/little ideas about the natural
background etc. As we all know the police should focus on natural Bq.

My personal thought and reflection,

Bjorn Cedervall  bcradsafers@hotmail.com
http://www.geocities.com/bjorn_cedervall/