From author of Free RadDecay

Hi all,

I have received quite a number of Emails recently regarding my
free Windows RadDecay program.

First I would like to say thankyou to all that responded.  It is
great that the program has found such audience.

It was also interesting to find out about this list server!

To give a bit of a background;

I wrote the Windows RadDecay program some years back, originally
using the Data files from the Free DOS version of RadDecay, (then
version 2.02).
The program was written while I was studying my Graduate Diploma in
Medical Physics (Radiation and Ultra sound).
I wrote it to update to update the DOS Raddecay to a windows version,
and to include energy spectrum searching that was missing in the DOS
version.

I have over the years updated the program.  The version is now 3.1
(More information on the program, and the history is available from
the help file for my program.)
The program is available for download from my web page.

My web site is located at:
http://132.234.46.5/Index.html

The RadDecay pages are located at:
http://132.234.46.5/Programs/RadDecay/Index.html

Reading through the list server archives I had discovered a
few things:
Firstly, Grove Engineering (aka Framatome) is still around, and are
finally offering a windows RadDecay program.
Note: My Free Windows version is NOT associated with Grove
Engineering (or Framatome) Windows version, and was written long
before their windows version.  (I started writing the program back
with the DOS Raddecay Version 2.02).

A message stated :
Aptec, Inc. offers a FREE and upgraded version of Raddecay at:
http://www.aptec-inc.com/software_free.htm
This is actually an old version of my program, a newer version is
available at my web site.
(I have emailed newer versions to Aptec, but apparently they did not
update the available download)

Also a message stated:
The Aptec software (my program) doesn't appear to do any decay
calculations, but is a nice reference library.
Due to popular demand this will be added to a new version.
(As soon as I work out what the calculation was achieving)

Now that I am aware that others have a use, I will start working on
the program again.
I will most likely Email this list when a new version is available.
Otherwise, check my web site.

Thanking you.

Charles Hacker
Lecturer in Electronics, Computing and Physics
School of Engineering
Griffith University - Gold Coast
PMB 50 Gold Coast Mail Centre
Southport Queensland 9726