RE: H2O Microwave Criticality

This note has some of the earmarks of an urban legend: its anonymous, horrifying, something that happened a relative or a friend, and they "swear to God, it really happened." But, whereas the veracity of this note cannot be assessed, that doesn't mean that the story is completely false - there do appear to be elements of truth to it. The Urban Legends & Folklore page at http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/weekly/aa011900a.htm talks about this particular story that is now circulating through the Internet.

What is an urban legend? See http://urbanlegends.about.com/culture/urbanlegends/library/blbyolix.htm

Bruce Pickett
Seattle, WA
bruce.d.pickett@boeing.com