Re: Business airflights = occupational exposure?

Jose,

This is probably the "main" part from practical point of view.
This part is correct and it is how it is performed in the reality, but I
would call it as a
"The lop whole of the opportunities"
As you of course know, "sometimes" the regulators do not think what impact
could cause a reconsideration of this issue among a regulated body, licensee,
or they may just do not REALLY care.
Sometimes, it is looks like: "They will do it, no problems, who cares"
Not every institution can afford a full-time radiation safety officer. Many
licensee are not aware of so many changes and it gives to the regulators an
opportunity to excises additional to their, almost unlimited any way, power
again,
"we changed, you have to know", It is easier to come and to check "new
changes", issue violations and leave, than to do a complete and a throughout
inspection.
It is okay with both sides: licensee's side : ' I would get violations any
way for this or something else" or "glad that they did not dig deeper" But
out there also a part-time and full-time RSO's who sincerely want to improve
general license compliance.
For them this is a hopeless and a confused citation.
A familiar citation? What I am trying to say, that this part could be and is
abused for general licensee compliance's cost. I think, their has to be no
"loop wholes".
Just let RSO's calculate "general exposures" form any sources of radiation
without distinguishing by or not by products, natural or un natural occurring
radiations.
All those terms are make sense from the where it "came from" point of view.
But it just does not make sense to have this separation for the exposure
monitoring purposes. And there is no difference while person at work because
is monitored with a dosimetry badge. But on regulatory level it is sort of "a
gray area". Technically, if person exceeded a limit then it does not matter
from which source but again it does because
different agencies keep track of "our source or not ours sources caused the
over exposure"

Emil.
kerembaev@cs.com

In a message dated 1/29/00 12:40:33 Pacific Standard Time,