Re: Business airflights = occupational exposure?

>The purpose for classifying people as radiation workers is so they >can be
>educated about the "risk" and protected from getting doses >above
>regulatory limits.

Education is a keyword here. My reason for bringing this up is not to have
radiation protection officers imposing new major regulations (the only
exception could be an ALARA practice for pregnant workers). I just wondered
about the logic and also see the educational aspect for the public (this is
an important one to help people to get an idea about the relative levels). I
know that this topic has been around previously and there have been many
interesting comments. What triggered me to bring it up was that one
regulator seemed so totally uninterested (but probably finds it OK that we
are spending money on further reduction of radiation levels that are far
below the K40 levels our own body has).

My personal thoughts only,

Bjorn Cedervall  bcradsafers@hotmail.com