Re: Enhanced immune response??

Al,

In regard to your message below, from my perspective the issue was whether or
not modern day homeopaths use low dose radiation as a therapy.  To my
knowledge, they do not.  In my mind, the issue was not whether or not
hormesis exists.  I think you misunderstood my previous statements.  I think
we can end this line discussion since we are both talking about 2 different
things.

However, I have been searching for articles that demonstrate LDR suppresses
tumors or prevents cancer.  Thank-you for the references below to the
Japanese literature. Maybe, they will shed some new light for me.  Do you
know of any main stream American Journals reporting on this?

I read the previous references ( I was not able to decipher the articles
published in German) that were provided on this topic. The articles noted
increased T cell or IL2 production, but statements concerning their
beneficial health effects and mechanisms were lacking. My only point was that
if you see an increased production of T cells or IL2, that does not mean it
will prevent or eliminate cancer.

I take issue with you saying my statements were disingenuous.  I was very
sincere in my statements and had no mal intent.  I understand you spend a lot
of your time promoting hormesis and trying to invalidate the LNTT. I admire
your dedication to these issues.  I have no strong position one way or the
other concerning the validity of the LNTT or radiation hormesis.  I think
more information is needed on both issues before informed decisions can be
made.  My only strong feeling on these issues is that ecologic radiation
studies should not be used to test the validity of the LNTT.  Otherwise, I
try to approach these issues with an open mind.

Most of us have other jobs outside the area of hormesis. My scientific
research does not focus on maintaining files that support or challenge
hormesis.  I asked you a simple question related to references that support
suppression of tumors.  I thank you for your reply.  I will take the time to
read them carefully.  I think we all should remember to try to be more
considerate of others on the listserv, especially those that do not share the
same views.  Often, listserv members are attacked if they offer any stance
even suggesting the validity of the LNTT or a position against hormesis.
Hopefully, we can learn from each other and exchange ideas in civilized
fashion without ad hominem attacks.

I think the possibility of tumor suppression via LDR is very exciting.  I
look forward to reviewing the papers citations which you provided.

Respectfully,

Bill Field
College of Public Health
University of Iowa
bill-field@uiowa.edu

In a message dated 1/31/00 8:46:08 AM Central Standard Time,