Re: Tritium consumer sources

John Jacobus on Jan. 20 gave the web address for obtaining the pdf
formatted draft document NUREG-1717, Systematic Radiological Assessment of
Exemptions for Source and Byproduct Materials:

http://www.nrc.gov/NRC/NUREGS/SR1717/index.html

This document has dose assessment information for products that contain
tritium (it even has a NORM section). The document is over 800 pages in
length, but it is probably worth a look. For instance, Table 2.3.1 is a
summary of potential radiation doses from time pieces containing tritium in
paint.

"Albers, John P" <JPAd@pge.com>@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu on 02/02/2000 06:09:00
PM

Please respond to radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu