Re: Ignored consumer goods with Ra-226.

Dear Nick,

My question on ignoring consumer goods containing radium was a result of a quick
scan of exactly this new NUREG-1717.  I also had this enormously large document
printed, and the only reference to radium that I was able to find was on smoke
detectors (page 2-217), where it is said that the manufacture of smoke detectors
containing radium sources ceased following the development of americium sources.
I assure you that although manufacture no longer takes place, radium smoke
detectors still are around! In all the rest of this enourmous report I could not
find any more references to radium. I do hope you are a better reader than I am.
If you too are not able to find more, I fear my question (as stated below) still
stands.

With kind regards,

ing. Jetty Middelkoop
Radiological protection Service