Re: Ignored consumer goods with Ra-226.

The problem is not so much with the instruments themselves, rather the
somewhat lucrative market of radium dial stripping (illegal in many
states). If you want to see a mess, then stumble upon on an illegal radium
dial stripping operation-adds a whole new perspective on alpha
contamination (and beta...and gamma). And I wonder what they did with the
solvent...

Kerembaev@cs.com@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu on 02/03/2000 07:28:59 AM

Please respond to radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu

Sent by:  radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu