Re: Their and Our additudes.( Re: Ignored consumers goods).

Every day I quickly scan the daily flood of radsafe messages,  relying on the
titles to see which messages are of interest to me. Of course, these weeks I look
with extra interest, because I  hope to find some interesting answers on my
question why authorities ignore the many consumer goods with radium being present
everywhere when they write their many (often strict) rules, like NUREG 1717.

Reading all these long answers on pro and anti nukes and their supposed states of
mind under the titel of "ignored consumer goods", I wonder how we ever got here.
I probably lack fantasy (blame on me)  but I fail to see links with the original
question?

At least it is a lesson for myself: in the future, before I press the reply
button, I will thoroughly check whether the title and the contents of the message
still fit. I dear to ask other radsafers to do the same: this will prevent a lot
of disappointment of thinking you get an answer on your question and finding out
that it has grown into something you no longer recognise.

P.S.: Emil and other authors, do not understand me wrong: this does not mean your
discussion is not interesting: you keep surprising me with sometimes very
original ideas).

Have a nice evening!

Jetty Middelkoop
sbd@co.disp.mindef.nl