RE: Swiss experts back deep storage for nuclear waste

There are no residents around Yucca Mountain.  I was employed at the Nevada
Test Site from 1987 to 1997.  When Congress first picked Yucca Mountain as
the only site to study,  the state of Nevada decided to make the part of Nye
County that contained Yucca Mountain a new county called Bullfrog County.
They did this because the Federal Government was going to compensate Nye
County.  Since Bullfrog County had no residents, the money would have gone
to the State of Nevada.  Naturally, this upset the Nye County Government and
they sued.  They won, the Nevada state Supreme Court ruled that it was
unconstitutional for the state to create a county with no residents.  After
this, the state began fighting against Yucca Mountain in earnest.

Terry Harmon, RRPT
SR. HP Tech
Kelly Scientific Resources
Phone: (895) 241-0281