Re: Contaminated Residential Waste from I-131 Patients

Zack,

There is no rational, except avoiding the issue. It calls denial !!
By denying, the problem won't be solved, NRC with the rest of the regulatory
body together with the RAM users are having a VULNERABLE for the outside
attracts position.
You are absolutely right, the issue needs to be brought up.
It will be hard to explain to public the regulatory contradictions but public
has the right to know. I do NOT think the position: "they possibly cannot
understand" is a good position.
May be we cannot explain?
The regulatory bubble will break eventually any way.
I also can understand people's problems, uncomfortable feelings to bring it
up, promotions, job security etc. Some people may get hurt in the process,
escape goats.
It always was there and will be there.
So it will come to the personal positions and willingness to take a position.

I am happy to see that some of us, like Carol, standing their positions, but
the problem
is the silence of very comfortable majority.

Nice and Safe weekend to every one!

Emil.
kerembaev@cs.com

In a message dated 2/11/00 8:12:51 Pacific Standard Time,