RE: Re[2]: Contaminated Residential Waste from I-131 Patients

Title: RE: Re[2]: Contaminated Residential Waste from I-131 Patients

Carol is right on the money and I'm sure her language comes from years of frustration in trying to reconcile rules that are organically inconsistent.  There are plenty of flame throwers out there among the anti-s and yet we dare not criticize them so why pick on one of our own?

For your info, the NRC is in the process of trying to regulate what ICRP calls trivial doses, under the clearance rule (Control of Solids).  The question is not one of authority (states can pass more restrictive rules) but one of good public policy.

John Hamrick