Re: Fear, etc.

Brian said:

> what is so wrong about expending a small effort educating and demonstrating
> to a skeptical (or worse) person that their concerns and fears are
> unfounded?

Brian, I agree, and that is why I said in my initial post that we
need to be educating the public, the media etc. Our job is to not
only protect, but to educate. Having said that, performing
unnecessary surveys, sampling ground deposition .. that's not
educating. That is taking actions simply to placate fear. And I
firmly believe that when we do take these totally unnecessary
surveys, does the public believe us? Hell no!!  They will believe the
Greenpeace numbers of fantasy. So what have we gained? We are now
viewed as providing the public false information, and are part of an
ongoing conspiracy to cover up a real serious accident, no matter
what really happened.

Sandy Perle					Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100
Director, Technical				Extension 2306
ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Division		Fax:(714) 668-3149
ICN Biomedicals, Inc.				E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net
ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue  		E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com
Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Personal Website:  http://www.geocities.com/scperle