Re: Basis for Reg. Guide 1.86 limits?

Boy, that's one I haven't heard before.  If you can find his name, I'd like to know
it.  As I said in an earlier post in answer to this question, the numbers in RG
1.86 came from an early (early, early) version of N13.12 and are based on
instrument detectablility at the time.  Al Tschaeche antatnsu@pacbell

"Paul R. Steinmeyer" wrote:

> Hello Jim;
>
> Several years ago at an HPS meeting I spoke with an older gentleman who
> claimed to have worked on the original table upon which the limits in
> RegGuide 1.86 was based.  Sorry, I can't remember his name right off but
> I might be able to look it up.  He told me that the limits were based on
> contamination levels that could be found on the exteriors of aircraft at
> the height of atmospheric A-bomb testing.  My memory is a little fuzzy
> as this particular point was not the main topic of our conversation.
>
> Can anyone else disabuse or add further detail?

begin:vcard
n:Tschaeche;Al
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Nuclear Standards Unlimited