Re: Basis for Reg. Guide 1.86 limits?

Hello Jim;

Several years ago at an HPS meeting I spoke with an older gentleman who
claimed to have worked on the original table upon which the limits in
RegGuide 1.86 was based.  Sorry, I can't remember his name right off but
I might be able to look it up.  He told me that the limits were based on
contamination levels that could be found on the exteriors of aircraft at
the height of atmospheric A-bomb testing.  My memory is a little fuzzy
as this particular point was not the main topic of our conversation.

Can anyone else disabuse or add further detail?

Regards,

Paul

Paul R. Steinmeyer
Health Physicist