Basis for the Reg limits.PRACTICAL WAY to RELEASE?

Radsafers,
Aren't the most release limits based on the technical detectablity as the
PRACTICAL WAY to RELEASE.
"Clean up all" we/you can possibly detect with the defendable results.
The recent tries to use statistical models to get some kind of "scientific"
statistical argumentation to REDUCE the amount of surveys, looks to me a very
"shaky" way to get out of the LOOP.
We assume that THESE health effects (LLD) are statistical by nature,
then......some how setting the limits............and than coming up with a
some statistical model to get out of these self created chaos. Are we/you
trying statistically process the data points, related to subjectively settled
limits, to get confirmation that there WILL NOT be statistical (stochastic)
health effects above a ....some acceptable, by a some referenced member of
general public, risk.
1.
I am not a statistician but all that looks to me like making a DOUBLE mistake
but in the end coming up with the RIGHT answer = NO clean up are NEEDED.

2. Have we asked the public how much risk they are willing to take? Looking
around I can see that public are willing to take much higher levels of risk
than we are assuming.
See: airplanes, automobiles, bikes, use of the electrical equipment in the
households.
All these things at some beginning point in the PAST were, VERY terrifying,
to public objects.
Personally, I am NOT surprised that public are terrified with the word
"nuclear". Looking back on 50+ years of living under the continues propaganda
and a real possibility that we'yal can die at any moment because of
"nuclear". It is where we/you need to get some friendly face to the "word"
nuclear.
Can somebody give me a different perspective?
Best regards,
Emil.
kerembaev@cs.com